Get ready to get your glow on! Wear your best lights costume and win cash Dec. 9
The West Seattle Junction is hosting its second annual Light Costume Contest as part of GLOWS-(Glorious Lights of West Seattle). The best costume that expresses the GLOWS theme in lights wins but individuals, groups, kids and even pets can win!
Come to the Junction for the Hometown Holidays event on Dec. 9 before 4pm.
Here's the schedule:
December 9th, 2023 4:00-8:00 PM
- 4:00 Festival begins. Host Introduction. Night Market and Beer & Wine Garden are open.
- 4:00-5:00 Costume contestants walk through tunnel of lights
- 4:05 Endolyne Children’s Choir Performance
- 4:30 The School of Rock Performance
- 5:30 Light Costume Contest on Stage* (see more below)
- 6:00 The West Seattle All-Star Jazz Ensemble -Lead by Jay Cates & Andrew Joslyn
- 7:00 Menashe Public Address & Tree Lighting
- 7:15 West Seattle GLOWS Art Presentation*
- 8:00 Night Market and Beer & Mulled Wine Garden close.
If you don’t have time, the organizers will have lots of fun lighted apparel for you to purchase on site so don’t hesitate to show up unlit.
Costume contest categories:
- Best Individual $500.00
- Best Group $500.00
- Best Kid’s $100.00
- Best Pet $100.00
If you wish to be part of the competition, you will need to walk through the tunnel of lights shortly after 4pm. Enter from the parking lot on 42nd Ave SW between Oregon and Alaska and go down the stairs towards the back of Menashe & Sons Jewelers. From there you will walk south down the alley through the tunnel of lights. At the end of the tunnel are the judges.
All costume contest participants need to move through the tunnel between 4-5pm. Between 5:00-5:20, the judges will wander the event grounds awarding their favorites for each category with a light wand.
Those people need to be at the stage on 42nd Ave SW at 5:30pm. The community will choose the winners of each category at 5:30pm.